Responsible Service of Alcohol
In regards to Liquor Delivery The Bottle Merchants strictly adheres to the responsible service of alcohol and will not in any circumstances deliver liquor to persons under the age of 18 years of age. If the delivery recipient looks to be under age and no satisfactory ID is provided then delivery will NOT occur.
The Bottle Merchants handles deliveries in accordance with the following scenarios:
Person in attendance at Delivery Address
- If the person at the address is judged to be under 25 years of age, proof of age including photo identification will be requested.
- If suitable proof of age identification cannot be produced, that person will be advised that the parcel will be carded to a Post Office where the article can be collected on the production of suitable proof of age ID (Photo ID). A delivery notification card will be provided for this purpose.
- If there are persons at the address who cannot provide proof of age ID and the parcel contains a “Delivery Instruction” providing the authority to leave the article, the “Delivery Instruction” is not to be followed. In these circumstances the article will be carded to the nearest Post Office.
No-one in attendance at Delivery Address
- Delivery will be attempted by knocking on the door or ringing the door bell and waiting a short time for the customer to respond.
- If there is no-one in attendance at the address and the parcel contains a “Delivery Instruction” providing authority to leave the parcel at the address, the parcel will be left in accordance with the “Delivery Instruction” ( ie. Leave at front door etc).
- If the parcel does not contain a “Delivery Instruction” providing authority to leave at the address, the parcel will be carded to the nearest Post Office as per standard carding procedures.
- Ordinary parcels containing wine/alcohol are not permitted to be safe dropped. If no-one is in attendance the parcel will be carded to the nearest Post Office as per the standard carding procedure.
Whilst the “Delivery Instructions” will be observed in most instances, when it is determined that following the “Delivery Instruction” may create a risk of a minor gaining access to the parcel ie. children sighted on premises etc, the article will not be left in accordance with the “Delivery Instruction” but carded to the nearest Post Office for collection.
Stock on Hand and Delivery Times
At The Bottle Merchants our stock holdings vary quite a bit due to the nature of our limited edition and collectable ranges. Here is a summary of how we hold our stock and what it means for you:
- Product is in stock all the time – you will see the quantity on hand when you order and if you order before 1PM, your order will be shipped the same day.
- Product is held at our supplier warehouse but is available for back order. Your order will be shipped about 2-7 days after you place the order. You should receive your order in 5-10 working days.
- Rare and collectable items are generally unique and are in stock and available for immediate shipment immediately. In some cases we may have only one item in stock but we can source another item, in which case the item will show as one in stock but available for back order.
- If you buy one item in stock and one or more on back order, we will hold the order unless you pay for express shipping in which case we will ship what we can now and the rest later when they arrive in stock.
The Bottle Merchants always carefully wraps and ships all fragile items. We will either carefully wrap the item or use an Australia Post approved bottle or glass package. We wrap all items in fragile tape denoting that the item is fragile and should be handled with care. We obtain this Fragile Tape from Australia Post. Because of this, The Bottle Merchants cannot take responsibility if the carrier (Australia Post in most cases) damages or breaks the item. If you do receive a broken item, you should immediately contact Australia Post or the carrier and claim compensation.
At The Bottle Merchants we invest significantly in wrapping and packaging materials to ensure that you receive your fragile yet valuable item as it left our warehouse. In the case of collectable items we carefully check every item to ensure quality control. This safeguards both The Bottle Merchants and you our valued customer, since we both know the item left the The Bottle Merchants warehouse in an undamaged state. Since we quality check every item (and initial the quality control sticker) before it leaves our warehouse we cannot entertain claims for refunds for damaged item. In many cases we will take a photo of the packed item for our records.
The Bottle Merchants offers insurance as extra protection for your valuable package. Insurance is offered by Australia Post and is called “Transit Cover”. This will an additional charge on top of the regular shipping charge, but it protects you if your item is damaged or lost in transit. You cannot claim for a damaged or lost item if you don’t have Transit Cover.
Currently there is no transit cover for international deliveries. We are however working with Australia Post to implement this.
No international delivery is available. (We are working on this and we are hoping to offer this service shortly).
Subject to the relevant State or Federal Laws, The Bottle Merchants does NOT offer refunds unless the item is faulty or the wrong product has been sent. In certain circumstances, The Bottle Merchants may offer store credit. If a refund is offered the item must be sent to:
Mextrade Pty Ltd
6/68 Spit Rd
The item must be received in the same condition it was sent out. If the item is damaged in transit or is lost or is received in a worse condition than it was originally sent out, the refund will not be processed.
In very rare cases The Bottle Merchants will agree to a refund for a change of mind purchase. In these cases, the cost of postage to the customer will not be refunded. The item must also be posted backed to MyBottleShop at the customer’s cost, so that only the value of the item exclusive of all postage/delivery charges will be refunded.